BURKINA FASO CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 UPDATE
For more information email OMA Burkina Faso
11th June 2021
Airports opened on August 1st
Are road borders open for cargo?
Yes, all borders open for the transport of cargo
Any airlines offering cargo flights?
Yes. For details please contact OMA Logistics Burkina Faso
20th May update:
“The U.S. Embassy received reports that Burkina Faso National laboratory staff have been on strike since Sunday, May 16, 2021. According to local sources, the Ouagadougou airport collection station continues to collect samples, but the national laboratories are not currently operating to analyze the results. The impact of this on travel is unknown at this time. Current local regulations require all travellers to obtain a negative COVID-19 test to depart Burkina Faso. We do not have any information at this time suggesting local authorities will adjust regulations due to the strike.”
1st March 2021 – Update
The conditions of entry and departure from Burkina Faso in health terms, linked to the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, are as follows:
- Present a negative PCR test dating back no more than 72 Hours at the time of departure
- Not been in contact with a confirmed patient of the disease within the 14 days preceding the trip
- Cost of test is 50 000 X0F (approx. $100); ONLY at approved testing centres for travellers
- Present a negative PCR test dating back no more than 72 Hours before arrival in Burkina Faso; test must have been carried out by an approved health facility in the country of departure
- Pass the temperature test (less or equal to) 38°:
- If fail test; passport is withheld by authorities and 2 tests (quick test or TDR as well as PCR) are conducted at traveller’s expense (25 000XOF at land and rail borders and 90 000XOF at airport)
- If this test comes back positive, traveller is quarantined at designated hotel at their own expense while awaiting the 72hr threshold for the result of the extensive test
- If extensive test comes back negative, traveller is free to go; if positive, they will be either self-quarantined at iplace of residence or designated facility depending of the seriousness of the case.
Travellers with no valid entry visa to Burkina Faso will need to provide at airport:
- A valid passport
- 1 recent passport photo
- 122 000XOF (approx. $180)