OMA SHEQ Celebration Week 2020
Monday 7th December 2020
This month the SHEQ Team at OMA Ghana and OMA Logistics Ghana held their second annual week celebrating Safety, Health, Environment and Quality in the business – the theme for the week was “Be a yardstick of Quality”.
Some of the highlight of the week’s activities included;
- A speech on the essence of SHEQ in our workplace, how it underpins everything we do
- Appreciation of our customers – with small souvenirs given out to clients
- Customer service training session
- A management safety tour of all OMA sites in Tema, Airport Cargo Village and Takoradi
- A presentation from a Health Practitioner which covered both Occupational Health & Hygiene as well the COVID-19 pandemic
- The best Toolbox Attendant and runner up for the year 2020 was crowned for both OMA Ghana and OMA Logistics
On Friday, a hotly contested Quiz was held between OMA Ghana and OMA Logistics; with OMA Logistics emerging as the eventual winners – walking away with assorted gifts. The day ended successfully with an aerobics session led by the Futurestars team, and a friendly football match between OMA (2) and Hapag-Lloyd (1).
In summary this year’s SHEQ Week celebration was declared a great success and the central theme of the celebration, well achieved.