Managing vessel and crew requirements in emerging markets can be a challenge and appointing the right agent can ensure a smooth, efficient and cost effective port call.
The OMA Group’s 30 years experience, its resources and expertise all help to deliver peace of mind to principals who know that their needs will be met on time, in time, every time.
Our portfolio of services includes ship agency services for tankers, tramp & breakbulk vessels, cruise ships and naval vessels, as well as general cargo, roro and project vessels.
We have excellent and long standing relationships with the port authorities and customs in each port we serve, which allows us to turn ships around quickly and efficiently.
We understand the importance of good communication and our teams of experienced, knowledgeable staff will organise vessel clearance formalities and co-ordinate with customs, immigration, quarantine, police and port authorities on your behalf.
OMA has developed clear guidelines and policies that address important issues on HSSE, Compliance & Ethics and Quality assurance. These policies drive how we conduct our business. We follow the principles of accountable transparent leadership and business management and recognise our responsibility to do so for the benefit of our employees, partners and the wider community in West Africa. Our commitment to this can be seen in our ISO & TRACE certifications.
Why use OMA Group?
- Fast and accurate port and berth information
- Proactive team with excellent communication skills
- Up to date, effective IT systems and in-house software
- Competitive and accurate proforma disbursement calculations and final accounts submission.
- Vessel clearance with the local port authorities
- Co-operation and co-ordination with receivers
- Timely operational updates
- Experienced in all vessel husbandry activities - crew changeover services, spare parts delivery, supplies from local ship chandlers
- Owner’s Protective Agency both on and off shore
- Strict HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) compliance
- Strict commitment to Ethics and Compliance
- TRACE certified in all countries, ISO certified in Ghana, Togo & Benin.
Professional negligence cover is provided by first class insurer ITIC.